Elections and Voter Registration
New Resident Information
Hunting and Fishing Licenses
Hunting and Fishing Licenses may be purchased at the Town Clerk's Office. Lottery applications are available for Moose permits and Antlerless permits (subject to application deadlines). Each year the number of permits offered in the lottery vary depending on the biological conditions of the herds. Migratory Waterfoul stamps are also available.
An applicant for a hunting or combination license must present either:
- A previous or current hunting or combination license from any state or Canadian province, or
- A certificate or a letter of proof showing satisfactory completion of an approved hunter safety course from Vermont or any other state or province, or
Other satisfactory proof of prior license or hunter safety certification. A person may be able to obtain a copy of the license from the clerk or agent where the last license was purchased, or a notarized statement signed by the clerk or agent is sufficient proof.
A person under age 16 must have his or her parent or guardian sign in the presence of an issuing agent to obtain a hunting license.
Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department
- Buy your license online
- Document Library
- Fee Schedule
- Fishing Seasons
- Hunter Education Courses
- Hunting/Trapping Seasons
- Kids Fishing Events
- Lifetime/Permanent License
- Regulations Guide
Archery License Requirements
To purchase an archery license a person must present either:
- A certificate of satisfactory completion of a bow hunter education course in Vermont or another state or a province of Canada, or
- An archery license from Vermont or another state or a province of Canada valid for any year, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has held an archery license.
Trapping License Requirements
The law requires that an applicant for a trapping license must present either:
- A previous or current trapping license from any state or Canadian province, or
- A certificate showing satisfactory completion of a trapper education course, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has previously held a trapping license.